The CAD Exchanger product team is pleased to announce availability of the Beta Update 1 release of a new product to speed up translation of 3D data across multiple CAD formats.
Beta Update 1 can be freely downloaded from http://www.cadexchanger.com/download.html.
It addresses Beta users' feedback and introduces a few new features:
- New display mode - triangulation. Displays underlying triangulation of surface models.
- Ability to change precision of the surface models triangulation. This parameter affects visualization quality and conversion of the surface models into mesh formats (such as STL, VRML, etc)
- VRML 2.0 (1997) export is now supported.
- BRep and STL exporters now do not export hidden models (i.e. unchecked in the Model Explorer).
- Automatic checking for updates. User will be automatically notified when new product releases become available.
- Skipping invisible (blank) entities when importing IGES files at user's discretion.
For a full list please refer to Release Notes.
CAD Exchanger currently supports import, view, and export of IGES, STEP, STL, VRML and BRep formats (more are coming).
We continue to look forward to users' feedback that will help us prioritize development activities. Please share your experience at users' forum at http://www.cadexchanger.com/forum.
The CAD Exchanger Team